Tonight, for the first time in my life, I made chili.
I’ve made chili with friends before, but for some reason I’ve never left it all up to me. In a few weeks, my work is having a chili cook off. I would definitely like to win, so I’m getting some practice in before the big day. The pressure’s on!
Making chili is so easy. I combined:
- One 28 oz. Simple Truth organic crushed tomatoes
- One 15 oz. can hot chili beans
- One 15 oz. can Simple Truth organic tri-blend beans
- 16 oz. of Laura’s lean ground beef (92% lean, 8% fat)
- One 12 oz. package of Johnsonville beef hot links
- Diced jalapenos to taste
- Crushed garlic to taste
- Two packs of McCormick mild chili seasoning mix
- Chili powder
I tried to purchase the healthiest options for the ingredients, and most everything was either on sale, already cheap, or I had a coupon.
Warning: This chili is spicy hot if you make it just like I did. Watch out!