Wow, it’s been QUITE a long time since my last post. Life got very hectic, and I definitely did not make this blog a priority. There has been lots of change and a huge transition (moving to a new city for my husband’s job), so I thought this would be a good time to pick the blogging back up (not necessarily from where I left off, though, because that was too long ago!).
I will attempt to make a list of some of the biggest life events that I can remember since my last post in an attempt to get slightly caught up before I dive into current events. Here goes!
- John and I moved out of our tiny one bedroom, one bathroom apartment into a two bed, two bath apartment in the same complex in the spring of 2017. Much more space and natural lighting + a fireplace! (We really loved this apartment, have a lot of fond memories there, and kind of miss it already.)
- In January 2017, I transferred from my preschool job in downtown Nashville to a school closer to home, which meant no more traffic during my commute, and I had the privilege of working in a smaller town. I began teaching 4-5 year olds with a new co-teacher, who I became really close to! I loved my school and already miss everyone there.
- John got into Physician Assistant school in Nashville, started school in 2016, and graduated this past August in 2018. This schooling was the hardest thing ever, and I’m really proud of him for doing so well and graduating. It was super demanding, and we barely saw each other the first year or so, I would say. It’s hard to describe to people what this period of life was like–completely nuts…
- My brother and John’s sister got married in May 2017, so now it’s really all in the family. I love that we are married to siblings.
- John’s sister gave birth to a little girl last year, and his brother and sister-in-law had a baby (another girl!) a few days ago. We haven’t met the new baby yet, but I’m so excited to visit.
- My brother and sister-in-law found out they are having a baby boy due in June of this year. This is their first child, and I tear up almost every time I think about holding him for the first time. I’m so excited for them.
- After John graduated from PA school in August, he job searched and job searched and could not find a job in the Nashville area (where we both grew up). He began applying for jobs outside of the “home” area and finally received a job offer in Cleveland, TN. We visited the town before he accepted, and we both really liked it and had a good feeling about it. He accepted the job, and we’ve been here since November 2018. So, we’ve only been here about three months. It’s been a huge adjustment. Thankfully, Cleveland is less than three hours from family and friends in Nashville, which makes the adjustment easier. It’s been fun exploring and getting to know a new town together.
That’s a quick summary of the past few years! Hoping not to have to write a summary like that again anytime soon.